Baltimore has a violence epidemic that requires public health solutions. Logan wrote his masters thesis on violence prevention in Baltimore and advocates to:
- -End the lead poisoning crisis and fund universal maternal healthcare to protect children’s brain development
- -Double education spending (to 30% of City’s budget) and invest in vocational/IT training, mental health, and gifted education.
- -Initiate a public works and vocational apprenticeship program to rebuild Baltimore’s abandoned homes.
- -Provide all of Baltimore’s gunshot wound victims with intensive counseling and social services [research]
- -Reverse mass incarceration and treat substance abuse as a public health problem